Changelog

allowing, for now, anyone to request to register. not sure when i will encounter my first user :blush:

agree with this person that it would be nice, for topics where i talk to myself, to remove avatars from consecutive replies

update: removed avatars!

testing merge

testing again…

merge is cool

wondering if i can use discourse like or instead of arena, will try porting my playlist channel

how to “mention a topic”

Start writing your reply Press CTRL-ALT-F Search for the topic you want to mention Press up and down arrows to highlight it Press A to insert it into the composer.

discourse’s hints are driving me cuckoo, they make sense for a regular forum use case but i’m trying to do something that doesn’t make any sense

will have to do this at some point once i decide on a domain, currently leaning towards cag.exchange

wanted a lot of tld’s that don’t exist like cag.bbs or cag.forum

hid avatars with this code:

/* hide avatars */
.topic-avatar {
    display: none;
}

oops, closed and reopened

test

i’ve added a shit ton of css and now it’s almost too sparse

my theme is called “ghost” (unofficially)

bi-directional linking is soooo nice

This thing is pretty smart

1 Like

I miss you on Are.na. Is the RSS import (mentioned elsewhere) valuable here? Are you looking to automate some of these channels or make keep it manual be more intentional about what is posted here?

1 Like

right? in ways that surprise me!

<3 I have stupid thoughts and feelings about this to try and articulate soon.

So far all manual. But not opposed to some future automation. Right now trying to figure out if/when to crosspost to other networks e.g. Twitter. Or what I post elsewhere that should actually live here. (e…g Photostream)…but still mostly undecided on all fronts. Really not quite sure what this is supposed to be or do yet.

Consolidated all the “Daily Link” topics so far into one thread. Created a new user called @pinbot, and updated the zap to post in one thread. I like this A LOT better now! Deleted the “Bots” category, too.